This Tomato Salad is one of the simplest things you can make. It involves concentrating the flavour of the tomatoes by dehydrating them with salt, then serving them with lovely mozzarella. It’sbest as a side salad, but can be served as a main.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
How to do it:
- Slice and Salt Tomatoes. Leave to drip.
- Add dried oregano, basil, garlic and vinegar.
- Serve with Buffalo Mozzarella and juice from the salad.
- Start with some good quality tomatoes. This dish only works if the tomatoes are really nice. Slice them in half if they are small, or into more pieces if they are larger.
- Put the tomatoes in a colander and add a little salt. This will draw out some of the moisture and intensify the flavour. Leave to drip for around 10 minutes.
- Add Dried Oregano, fresh, chopped basil and grated garlic.
- Optionally add some finely chopped chili.
- Finally add a little vinegar, white wine vinegar is good, and mix.
- To serve as a main course put a large portion of the salad on each plate. Put one or two fresh, whole buffalo mozzarella cheeses on each plate and drizzle with the juice from the salad.